Monday Morning Quarterback | March 6
Monday, March 6th 2017
Your difficulties with others often stems from your disappointment with yourself. #BuildingALifeThatMatters
A recap of Dave Crandall’s Message, “Be Yourself”
in 5 points or less.
- Many times the problems that we have with other people, really aren’t about the other people, they are about us!
- If you’re feelings about yourself are rooted in shame, guilt, inferiority, rejection, lack of love and acceptance, etc., your relationships will suffer.
- Four ways to become a better you: recognize your worth, resist the pressure, release your flaws, refuse the excuses.
- There is not a single flaw, failure, or faux paw in your character that God cannot overcome!
- So do the people in relationship with you a favor: don’t just be you. Be a better you! Rise up and strive to become more like Christ.
Kids Zone: Take It Home With You!
What We Learned:
Our Big Idea yesterday was BE YOURSELF. As kids, we are still figuring out just what that means. So we looked in the Bible to see what God says about who we are, and just what we are made to be!
In The Car:
Talk about a time when you may have thought something about yourself was a negative, but God used that special thing about you to show someone else his love. How did that turn out to be a huge positive?
Read these verses we studied on Sunday in your Bible; Ephesians 2:10, Jeremiah 9:11, Ephesians 3:8-9, Romans 3:23, and John 3:16-17. Pray with your kids, thanking God for making us unique, and the only “us” there ever has been, and ever will be. Pray that God would show us how to be ourselves, just the way he created us. Pray that as we go through out our week we would seek to spread God’s love!
Kids are challenged to believe God’s truth this week. The Bible tells us we are God’s creation, we were made for a purpose, and we are saved from sin by Jesus. God created us each unique and for a different purpose. Kids have been challenged to read the Bible verses we studied on Sunday, and to trust God’s plan as they grow. Never to be afraid to Be Yourself! Because you are the only you, God made for a reason!