Monday Morning Quarterback | March 27
Monday, March 27th 2017
The best version of yourself you can offer is one that is fully engaged. #BuildingALifeThatMatters
A recap of Dustin Pead’s Message, “Be Present”
in 5 points or less.
- Four ways to be present in relationships: Share their burdens; Care for their needs; Celebrate their wins; Listen when others speak.
- Being there in a time of need means more than coming up with the right thing to say.
- Pay attention. You must see the need in order to fulfill a need.
- Check jealousy at the door.
- Put down the phone. Turn off the TV. Listen with your face. Ask Questions. When you’re aware, alert, and awake, you can listen to when others speak.
Kids Zone: Take It Home With You!
What We Learned:
So often we get so absorbed in our tablet, or game, or TV show we only give a little of our attention when someone needs us. We read in the Bible what God says about how to interact with others, and that means to Give Your Full Attention!
In The Car:
Challenge everyone to go without technology in the car this week! Instead have conversations with each other–this could be about your day or sharing about something really important to you!
Read in your Bibles Galatians 6:1-10, 1 Corinthians 12:25-26, James 1:19-20. Pray with your kids, thanking God that we always have his FULL attention when we need him. Help us to set a healthy example to the people around us that they matter more than a phone, a tablet, or a TV. Help us to get our focus on our loved ones back to our best, not just to give them our leftovers!
Give Your Full Attention!
This week kids have been challenged to GIVE YOUR FULL ATTENTION! Whether it’s mom or dad speaking, their teacher giving directions, or a friend trying ask them a question, kids have been challenged to:
Put down the tablet.
Turn off the TV.
Listen with your face.
And look at their eyes!
Making small changes to Give Your Full Attention will show the people you love that you value them the way God does!