Below is a compressed statement of belief. Obviously the Bible is a vast book and there are lots of different thought and ideas on various passages. That’s why we have boiled down the most essential ideas into what is often called the “fundamental truths”. These beliefs shape our understanding and application of the Bible.
- WE BELIEVE in the inspired Word of God, which is free from error, and is completely accurate. It was given to us by God through the Prophets and Apostles and is our authority on all matters of life, faith, and practice.
- WE BELIEVE there is one God, externally existent in three persons: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as God’s only Son, in His virgin birth, in His miracles, in His sinless life, in his atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension into Heaven and in His personal return in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE people freely choose to sin and disobey God and, as a consequence of this act, come under the power of sin which brings alienation from God, spiritual death, and ultimately God’s eternal judgment in a literal place called Hell.
- WE BELIEVE God loves every person and sent his son, Jesus Christ to die in their place. His death was necessary to break the power of sin that holds every human being captive and alienated from God. It is only through belief in Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection that we can break free from sins power and escape the penalty of eternal separation from God.
- WE BELIEVE every Christian is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and called to serve and live a holy life through His indwelling power.
- WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of the body and eternal life of believers.
- WE BELIEVE in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
For a complete doctrinal statement please contact the church office. 317.535.2544 or firstname.lastname@example.org